What Smart Rider students say
I came to Smart Rider to refine my skills for an R Class bike test. Simon's patience and attention to detail for safe riding not only helped me pass my test first time, but also gave me the skills to continue safe riding beyond that point. I highly recommend Simon to anyone wanting to learn, whether on a bike or scooter.
The desire has been there for as long as I can remember. I was four years old, but I can see and hear my older cousin's bright yellow Kawasaki z900 as though it was yesterday. I got my permit as soon as I was able but before long I encountered difficulties. I made enquiries with a number of rider training organisations only to encounter disinterested instructors, poorly maintained bikes or both. If I was lucky, I'd arrive to find that my scheduled lesson wasn't double booked. It got too hard and had gotten to the point where I thought I'd never fulfill my dream of enjoying the motorcycling lifestyle.
That was until I found Smart Rider. Two minutes into my first lesson with Simon I knew that I was learning from a real professional with a genuine passion for motorcycles. By the end of that first lesson I had already benefited from an infinite knowledge of bikes and years of real world riding experience.
After just a few weeks, some invaluable advice and a infinite stream of encouragement I was living that dream. I only wish I had found Simon and Smart Rider sooner. Thanks again.
Woo Hoo, I passed my test first time and had a ball learning at Smart Rider. The knowledge I received about not only being safe but how to ride properly is awesome.
I can not praise Simon at Smart Rider enough. I had tried other schools first and finally went to Smart Rider. I passed my 250 Class first time and can not wait to go get my unlimited licence with them again. I should have gone to Smart Rider first. Thank you Simon.
Having held both classes of licence for a couple of years now I did an advanced riding course with Smart Rider and I simply cannot believe what a motorcycle can do and how Simon was able to clearly pass on what seems to be an abundance of knowledge and skill. My riding has improved immensely and I can not wait to see how much faster I can go at the race track!
Simon helped me get my scooter licence first time. I feel safe and enjoyed the lessons. I will use him again for my 250 and bigger bike licence as soon as they come around.
I, Wal Richards, have known Simon Poole – as a motorcycle riding instructor – to have the following traits that are the mark of a fine trainer:
1. Knowledgeable – Simon has been riding for more than 20 years and participated in motorcycle racing for a good part of that time. This makes him uniquely qualified to pass on the skills and know-how that he has acquired.
2. Approachable – When Simon worked for me, the feedback from my students that Simon instructed on my behalf was very positive.
3. Skilled – As mentioned above, Simon's riding skills are above average and he has the unique ability to transfer that knowledge to others.
I think that any person taking Motorcycle lessons of any skill level will be well served by Simon and his skill as a teacher and coach.
Why choose Smart Rider?
- 7 days a week
- Respect of the industry
- Professional instructors
- Maximum experience
- 5 Star Google Reviews Rating
- Clear & concise instruction
- Over 1 million collision-free kms
- Training centres in Midland & Belmont
- Modern staged training system
- Late-model motorcycles
- Helmets & wet weather gear included
- All levels & licence classes
- And more!